1.04.2010

new years/birthday

i hope everyone had a fabulous new years weekend.
blake & i spent a wonderful couple nights out at the lakehouse relaxing for what will most likely be our last time EVER by ourselves again at the lake. ;o)

thursday night it was raining AND freezing so we made a fire inside and watched a movie and all the new years festivities on TV.
i actually stayed awake until 1:00 am... so proud of myself!

friday was a LOVELY day.
no more rain. all sun.
lindsey, jeremy & baby lyla showed up first.
then my sweet, sweet parents surprised me and came out for the day for my birthday!
(i was wondering why my mom chose to "clean" rather than come spend time with her 27 year old daughter).
i was so excited that they showed up & of course being pregnant, i had no clue that more was on its way.
then robbie & susan drive up and insist that we come out and help carry in all the "stuff" they brought.
i was too busy eating black eyed peas so i took my time.
by the time i walked out there, i realized everyone was holding up their flip cameras with big grins on their face.
blake had surprised me and got me a new car for my birthday!


i love it so much!
we have always been tahoe/yukon fans (it's what we currently own, but a 2002).
this car is perfect & i could not have done a better job picking one out for myself!

in case you didn't know, blake & i have shared the tahoe for over three years now.
it started in savannah since you can basically walk everywhere there and then we managed to pull it off for two more years in dallas.
somehow we made it work and it really never caused any issues.
maybe it's because i can walk to work & my brother-in-law is our neighbor. ;o)
either way, it worked and i am glad we lasted that long with one car.
but we knew with baby on the way, that would not be the most ideal situation any longer.

so now we officially have purchased our first car.
and i LOVE it.

thanks to my AMAZING husband for my present and congrats to him for pulling off his first surprise. (i normally catch on to these things but apparently i am not as sharp as a prego!)

xoxo

1 comment:

Erin said...

Love the new car....can't wait to see the carseat in it!!!!!!!!!!!